Ralphie has recently become the object of a lot of superfluous attention from Kendall. This entails putting him on a leash and "training" him in the back yard, demanding that he sleep in her room (this has been unsuccessful thus far despite the new dog bed in her room), and lots of snuggling. I do believe he enjoys the snuggling. He also enjoys being blown by the hairdryer. Really, he does.
Using his smooshy face as her teddy bear may have been less enjoyable but I did hear him snoring so (a) I knew he was still breathing, and (b) he was comfortable enough to sleep with his entire head practically underneath the child.
And then these came. Anti slip socks for dogs. His hind legs are getting really weak in his old age and he either falls completely because he loses traction or he does the splits. Hard to watch both. The socks help for a little bit, but they don't stay on very long. He was so pissed off at me for these socks that he didn't even set foot in my room the first night they were here, much less sleep in my bed. It felt very decadent to have a bed to myself and I can't say I didn't enjoy it. He was over his grudge by the next morning. I'll keep trying. They do work when they're actually on.



No comments:
Post a Comment