We spent an unprecedented 6 nights in NC last week. There was a lot of this:
Uncle Dan photo bomb
Booger fight with Uncle Dan
Pippers snuggling
Hair coloring
Dinner with an old law school buddy
Having to share my bed
This is not a normal dog.
LOTS of smiles!
There was a mommy/monkey short trip to the beach! Kendall's 2nd time at a beach, ever!
We stayed at the beach home of old theatre friends of mine, the Weislers. Here is Kendall with Shawney.
The waves were really strong but Kendall really wanted to play in them. I let Chris Weisler take her out there and since he's been surfing pretty much since birth, I felt ok about it. There have been a ridiculous amount of shallow water shark attacks on the NC coast this year so they didn't go in very far. I have known Chris since he was 14 and I was 28 .... as he put it, "when I was twice his age." Good thing he's a nice kid. Can't believe he's 30!
We were only there 1 night but were both utterly exhausted! Could have something to do with having stayed up past midnight that night and then getting up at 6 the next morning. Kendall and I went down to the beach to collect shells while everyone else slept in.
Wildlife in the front and back yards!
Lincoln logs, circa 1970's, from the attic.
The morning we left Kendall had ice cream for breakfast. Home is going to be a tough adjustment.
Sweet cousin Rosie
We made it to the Copolo's farm on the last day to see Kaylee and baby Kenna.
I believe this is the first selfie I've taken with a horse.





































No comments:
Post a Comment