Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Monday, August 24, 2015

Baby naming ceremony

Kendall and her friend, Silke (and the moms) attended a very nice baby naming ceremony/party for the baby sister of a friend from pre-K.  This friend also happens to be the nephew of Lisa Loeb, the singer, so it was kind of neat to see Kendall playing with the children of a famous person!  No pictures of Lisa, although this is the second time I've met her and she is very down to earth and wouldn't have minded.  I just didn't want to be "that person."  I also refrained from asking her to sing one of the songs from her "Silly Songs" album that used to be Kendall's absolute favorite album.


A bonus was unexpectedly running into Ms. Lori, Kendall's very first teacher from the JCC!  She looks exactly the same, although I think she may have shrunk because there is no way Kendall is that much bigger.  Is there??   


A rare picture of the moms all cleaned up!  This is "mom-Kendall," Silke's mom.  Silke and mom-Kendall were without a doubt amazing Lamplighter finds!  


Interestingly, in the middle of the ceremony, Kendall (obviously, kid-Kendall) looked up at me and said loudly, "Are these people Jewish?"  Clearly she has forgotten any and all Hebrew she learned at the JCC in the past 2 years away.  Then she complained on the ride home that there was "too much Spanish being spoken that she couldn't understand."  There was no Spanish.  She also asked if they held baby naming ceremonies for boys and I said, "yes, it's called a bris .... hey isn't this your favorite song" and turned the radio up really loud before she could ask any more questions about a bris.  Oy vey!  

No comments: