Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Monday, November 1, 2010

HALLOWEEN 2010

We had a most wonderful Halloween this year! Kendall's "Hi-hi" phase is still going strong (VERY strong!) so she dressed up as the cutest Minnie Mouse I have ever seen (yes, I realize I'm a bit biased.) We took her to the Arboretum for a "Minnie" photo shoot a couple of days prior to Halloween because I wasn't sure we'd be able to get any good shots during the chaos of the actual day. I'm really glad we did this because she posed like a little model and thoroughly enjoyed the attention she received from her many admirers at the Arboretum!




This child walked/ran around the Arboretum like she owned it!



On the day of Halloween (nothing like waiting 'til the last minute) I emptied out our pumpkin and traced/drew a Minnie pattern on it. Then I sent Chris out to look for a "back-up pumpkin" because I was sure I had ruined this one and there was no way he'd be able to carve what I had drawn on it ... in permanent marker. He returned with an electric carving knife made just for pumpkins (I can't believe there's a market for those things, but we now own one!) and the bad news that there were NO back-up pumpkins to be found. Turns out, my husband is one heck of a pumpkin carver! I seriously haven't ever been this impressed with a pumpkin carving! Anyone know of a way to preserve a pumpkin??

Here is our trick-or-treat table all set up and ready for the neighborhood kids! We set up outside again this year because the weather was beautiful and it's much easier on the dogs if the doorbell isn't ringing all night long. Grandmother came over for a bit in the beginning of the evening and brought cupcakes with spiders on them and Nana made Mickey Mouse shaped cookies for Kendall's trick-or-treat bucket. Nana also made a really cool Minnie Mouse trick-or-treat bucket for Kendall to carry!

For some reason, Minnie thought we should go trick-or-treating in Nana's car and pitched a relatively minor fit when she was not allowed in it.

You can see the Minnie treat bucket on the table behind us in this picture. Kendall was pretty much ished with the evening by the time this was taken, but it's the only one we have of me with her from the night.

Here is Minnie and Daddy.
And here is Minnie and Nana.
We had practiced saying "Trick-or-Treat" all week long but what Kendall wound up saying well was "Treat, please," which seems a bit more polite anyway, so we went with that and visited four houses on our street. What Kendall wound up yelling at the 4 people who opened the door for her was "EAT!!!" I honestly don't know what I did for entertainment before this child entered my life. :)

No comments: