Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year at Grandmother and Pops' house! Kendall did very well ... although I'm sure it helped that no one complained that her diet that evening consisted of a couple bites of stuffing, bread, cranberry sauce, strawberry jello, grapes, and a cupcake. I made sure she'd had a decent lunch so she could enjoy her Thanksgiving feast without nagging parents pushing meat and veggies on her. She was quite excited about getting into her seat!

Then she patiently (and I use that term loosely) waited for her dinner to be served. Note the turkey day bib made by Nana.


After dinner it was time to play with Mommy's shoes. The child is a shoe-aholic already!

I was a tad stunned to see that she can actually walk in high heeled shoes that are 3 times the size of her foot!

As an added bonus, cousins Mason and Maya (Kendall collectively refers to them as "Mice") came by with Aunt Amy and Uncle Brian. Kendall had a blast playing with them! And, of course, eating dessert with them.
"Yummy cupcake!" Apparently all cupcakes are now called "Mick-cakes" regardless of whether or not they have a Mickey face or ears on them.
Although these pictures might give the impression that Kendall "wound down" at all at the end of the evening ...


She, in fact, did not. We left very close to 8:00 (her bedtime) and I really thought she'd sleep in the car. I even let her have a binkie, Bo Bear, and her Mick blankie! Not so much. She repeated "Home. Eat. More." the entire ride home. So when we got home, she had some dry cereal. How she possibly stuffed any more in that little body I do not know. She finally fell asleep right around 9:00.

It was a very nice evening! The food was fabulous and the company was wonderful. And the entertainment (Kendall) was, as always, worthy of an award!

No comments: