Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The past week in pictures

Aside from perhaps TWO of these pictures, you'll notice a common theme in the rest of them. I actually did not even notice the theme until about the 10th picture I uploaded! I'm thinking the play kitchen is going to be a most welcome gift to Kendall's world. The child is quite "food centric" these days!

This is a picture I snapped with my phone in the car. Just thought her choice of "fashion" that day was entertaining.

Here is a picture I took of Kendall when my mom and I took her to the ponds to feed the ducks. She has never been a fan of bread ... until she introduced herself to a loaf that was 2 weeks past its "sell by" date and was intended to be duck food. Sorry ducks - we'll be back soon when Kendall is less hungry ... although those moments are rare and fleeting!And here she is at a playground where she was "serving" various delicacies (aka dirt) from a window. I believe we had "blues, mac cheese, apples, ham, mick cookies, pie, japes (grapes), bennas (bananas), strawberries, peaches, and peas" on the menu.


Later, she decided that the refrigerator might be a nice place to visit for a while and kept trying to get me to close her in there!
Love this "vegging out" shot in front of the TV. Of course with a snack. I have entitled this picture, "Daddy's DNA, hard at work!"
Food, it turns out, can also be worn on our appendages. As well as stuffed in our ears, but hopefully that won't be a recurring behavior.
We returned to the Children's Museum after taking a few months off because of the State Fair and the fact that the weather has been nice enough to finally be outside. This is the first time she's paid much attention to their play kitchen area and "sampled" all of the fake food. I don't even want to know where it's been but it was early in the day so I will continue to delude myself into thinking that perhaps they sanitize their equipment and toys overnight.




Then, of course, the real food had to be brought out. Nevermind the museum's "no food or drinks" policy. You just can't tease a toddler with fake food and not expect them to develop a hankering for the real stuff!

We did actually play with some non-food items while we were at the museum!

I have no idea what is an appropriate age for her first tootsie pop, but apparently 22 months was as long as she (and her Nana) could wait. Despite my concerns that it was a choking hazard, Kendall thoroughly enjoyed it and became a sticky mess in record time. And it didn't take her many "licks" at all (though I did not count) to get to the tootsie roll center! At which point it was rudely confiscated by Mommy.

We also thoroughly enjoyed Grandmother's Halloween cupcakes!


No comments: