Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Return to the ZOO!!!

This may have been my most favorite morning in over 2 months! FINALLY, the heat broke and the temperature outside was in the 60's when we got up. So we figured it was the perfect morning to reacquaint ourselves with the Dallas zoo. And it was! Kendall was so excited that she literally squealed when she saw the giant giraffe statue marking the parking lot! She did a lot more pushing of the wagon than riding in the wagon ... and a lot of running, which meant I did a lot of running after her (pulling a wagon).

And then there were the puddles ... oh boyohboyohboy the puddles!
We did some snacking with the alligators/crocodiles (still don't know the difference),
Riding on the elephant statues,

And had THREE merry-go-round rides. Of course the first "spin" had to be on the "Pippin animal" (aka the okapi). I am now forbidden to touch her while she's riding. "NO, Mommy! I do it allll BY SELF!" So I can stand there and take more pictures. :) (I have no doubts that soon enough, she'll be kicking me off the carousel entirely)

Then (after a wardrobe change because the temps in the 60's didn't last long), she discovered the Triceratops. It's her new favorite.


I hope, hope, hope the temps stay like this now ... or continue on the downward trend. During our absence, the zoo gained several new additions: a baby giraffe, a baby gazelle, and two baby "warty hogs!" 2 months away from the zoo was too long. I think I may have actually missed it more than Kendall ... if that's at all possible!

No comments: