The following pictures are of my latest favorite kid contraption - Magic Bumpers! These things come in a tiny package that makes you think, "really???" But then they expand during a mandatory "72 hour expansion period following removal from packaging." They fit underneath a fitted sheet or mattress pad and really do keep my kid from rolling out of bed. I DID have to use a queen size fitted sheet on her full size bed because the full size fitted sheet didn't fit over the bumpers, but other than that, I have no complaints. They are also much more pleasing to the eye than a traditional guard rail, but, as you'll notice, my traditional guard rail is now on the side of the bed where she can't fall out but can (and does) mess with the window. I had planned to put the headboard (mostly) against the window to prevent this from happening, but Chris' ONE piece of input for the decor of this room was that "the bed would look stupid" there. So the bed is now where he wanted it and I have spent more money on the magic bumpers since the guard rail has to protect the window and plan to spend even more getting locks put on the window so she can't open it should she get around the guard rail. Perhaps in the future he'll be more reserved (and maybe more polite?) with his unsolicited input to my brilliant ideas.

No comments:
Post a Comment