Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My (future) Broadway Baby!

Every Friday night Kendall and I walk two doors down (up??) and have a pizza (for the kids) and wine (for the moms) playdate with our awesome neighbors, the Conleys.  There are weeks that this regularly scheduled ritual saves my sanity.  Literally.  

Anyhow, last night was Liam and Margaret's fourth birthday celebration and Margaret got a microphone.  At first I wasn't sure she was going to get it back from Kendall ... ever.  But the three kids (and even little one year old Emma!) had a fabulous time hopping on and off the  stool  stage performing various songs (ok, I think maybe they all just stuck with Jingle Bells, but there were variations) and, later on, stand-up comic entertainment.  Oddly the "comedy" turned rather dark at the end of the evening with princesses being run over by cars and random things dying.  I'm pretty proud of myself for reserving my commentary on that because Margaret is a HUGE princess fan ... but the fact that my child was fancying them squished by vehicles made my heart happy and gave me warm fuzzies to nicely compliment my wine!  It was one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while!  Here is one of Kendall's earlier performances of Jingle Bells:


No comments: