Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

THIRD Birthday Party!

And by "THIRD," I mean it was celebrating Kendall turning three ... not the third party celebrating her turning three.  Unlike last year, this year we had ONE party for her and I'm not sure when I'm going to stop feeling guilty about that, but planning two birthday parties immediately after Christmas last year almost killed me.  I may give her a 1/2 birthday party this summer.  We'll see.  If not, next year perhaps we'll have her birthday party before Christmas??  At any rate, I'm really glad I wasn't planning more than one party the week after Christmas because Kendall was really sick most of the week.  The Thursday before her party, I took her to the doctor and her antibiotics kicked in just in time.  We kept her party "smallish" and limited to family and her good friends Liam and Margaret who live two doors down.  Even keeping it "smallish," there were seventeen people in the house so it was a big celebration and lots of fun.  Kendall thoroughly enjoyed being the center of attention.  


Here are the kids eating their pizza at the dining room table while the adults stood around the kitchen and ate!






After dinner, it was finally present time ... the time Kendall had been not so patiently anticipating since she woke up that morning.












Here she is standing on her adorable new name stool (seen above) showing off her adorable birthday outfit made by Nana!


SO glad I let her talk me into purchasing a TEN DOLLAR birthday hat that apparently terrified her as soon as we left Party City.  Lesson learned.







In addition to not throwing Kendall a kid birthday party, I also bailed on making her a home-made cake this year.  After the cupcake/oven/fire fiasco of last year, it seemed like the wise choice.  I'm also really glad I wasn't trying to make a fancy cake the week before her party since she was so sick neither of us was getting any sleep and I wasn't really able to do anything all week except sit and hold her while she whimpered pathetically.  The cake was made by a really talented friend we met through our Gymboree days who also works in a bakery.  It was the most beautiful cake I've ever seen and I almost cried cutting into it!  










Her big gift from Mommy and Daddy this year (aside from her new big girl bedroom) was a playhouse tent.  My original thought was to get her an outdoor playhouse, but Chris balked at that idea.  I'll broach the subject with him again this summer maybe for her 1/2 birthday.  :)  


The dogs were fairly curious about it.  Rehnny at least made it inside using the door.  Ralphie attempted to go through the rather small "doggy door" on the side and got stuck.  Wish I had a picture of that!  


Ralphie wasn't the only one who got a little "stuck" trying to go through an opening not quite big enough....



I think everyone had a nice time and Kendall had a great time at her party!  At bedtime, both Ginger and Ralphie were quite excited about the prospect of a new bed to occupy at night.



But in the end, she kicked them both out and they wound up back in my bed.  I have high hopes that one day at least one of the three dogs in my bedroom might migrate to Kendall's!  

No comments: