I'm not sure who is more proud, Kendall or me. If you go by the fact that she would be showing everyone who crosses her path the picture of the actual poop in the toilet, I guess she might be considered a bit more proud of the actual poop. But I'm definitely proud of HER!
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
POTTY TRAINED!!!
Kendall has been using the potty to go #1 for several months now. Regularly, apparently, at school. With no assistance. Not so regularly, and requiring assistance at home, until her teachers informed me that I was, in their words, "being played a bit." Sure enough, she CAN do it alone. But #2 was a different story. For some reason she didn't think she could. Most likely because for the past 2.5 years, since she was able to stand (at first in a jumperoo or exersaucer), she's been pooping standing up. I can see how accomplishing the task sitting down could be perplexing when it's always been done standing up. She even went so far as to ask me "how do they push it out when on the potty?" when we were talking about some of her friends going #2 on the potty. There are just some questions that I really can't answer and that one goes to the top of the list. But this past weekend, I bit the bullet and put her in her big girl panties ... thinking she'd ask for a pull up when/if she needed to poop. But then I was in the kitchen and I heard her yell from upstairs, "Mommy! I POOPIED IN THE POTTY!!!" I have to admit that I did not initially believe her. But sure enough .... there she was and there IT was! She then spent the majority of the remainder of the morning sitting on the toilet straining herself trying to poop again. At one point, she went so far as to request more food (while on the toilet) "so she could poop more." I had to marvel at the fact that a barely 3 year old has already made this connection between food and poop! The prize first poop in the potty IS indeed memorialized on film (well, on my iPhone). This was required before flushing was permitted. I will spare you that image, but will share this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment