Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Painting with a Twist

Last Thursday night, I went to this fabulous place for a girls' night called "Painting with a Twist."  I was dubious about this since it was going to require me to be artistic, but agreed based on the fact that it was also going to require me to drink wine.  It was, in fact, a really fun time!  We brought wine and appetizers and a teacher walked us through a painting of blue (and red) bonnet flowers.  I wasn't 100% thrilled with the outcome of my painting, but did discover that not only did I paint better after more wine, my painting looked better after a few glasses of wine as well!  So there you have it.  The key to great art is wine!  


Below is a picture of the birthday cake my sweet and wonderful friend, Marissa, made for me!  She is an absolute master in the kitchen and it was almost a shame to eat something so beautiful ... but then she informed us that instead of oil she used butter ... and instead of water, she used milk.  Oh.  My.  God.  It was beyond delicious!  Oh, and the grapes were rolled in egg whites and then sugar.  Only thing wrong with this cake is the number on it.  Ugh.  


The girls with our masterpieces!  


MY masterpiece!


The next morning, Kendall wanted to paint a picture like Mommy's.  


Given the fact that she didn't have the benefit of an instructor giving her step by step instructions OR wine, I think she totally showed me up!  





No comments: