This was the first year I had to relinquish Kendall for a holiday and it kinda sucked even though her dad only had her from 10AM to 5PM. So I joined my friend Kim Tierney for her Thanksgiving feast and it was wonderful and full of other "holiday orphans!" I dare say this dinner was even more fancy than last year's Grove Park Inn meal. I even had a place card!
Mulled wine. With fruit at the bottom that must be eaten with a spoon. How have I gone 42 years in ignorance of this miraculous substance?
Hanging out by the fire pit!
Chris brought Kendall to me early so she was there for dessert and had time to play with the other kids in Kim's amazing back yard.
Turkey coma kiddo!
The next morning, Kendall announced that she had not had a chance to eat turkey with me and I realized the one negative consequence of not hosting Thanksgiving dinner ... no leftovers! So we hopped in the car and went to the grocery store for a (pre cooked) turkey breast, stuffing, jello, gravy and rolls for our abbreviated day after turkey day turkey dinner. I had a place card at this table too!
I think this is the first year Kendall actually ate real turkey and the discovery of her love for frozen green beans heated in the microwave and smothered in american cheese was a lucky added bonus!
The fur kids finally got their holiday meal. And boy do I have leftovers!








No comments:
Post a Comment