Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Does hard work really pay off?

Preface:  Kendall woke up with a tummy ache this morning and refused to eat anything most of the day so we didn't leave the house.  The part of me that was looking forward to a nice lazy day at home doing nothing was bored beyond measure by noon so I made cookies.  Homemade sugar cookies.  And they are good!  Kendall managed to eat a bit of dinner so I offered her a cookie (I mean, if she's going to throw up anyway, why not make it a cookie, right?)

Me:  "Do you want to try a cookie?"
Kendall:  "No.  They look disgusting."
Me:  "They are actually really good and that's a very rude thing to say.  I worked hard on those cookies."
Kendall:  "Well, I work hard at throwing things in the air and catching them before they hit the ground.  Doesn't mean I'm good at it."

Repressing the sudden urge to shove a cookie down the child's throat, I walked away.  Then I ate 4 more cookies.  The damn cookies are delicious.  

No comments: